Community Gamers Index du Forum
Community Gamers
Communauté de joueurs sur MwR Wii

Community Gamers Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion
:: My Cubs A Love Story ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Community Gamers Index du Forum -> Divers -> Graphismes
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
fayrldech

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 17:48 (2017)    Sujet du message: My Cubs A Love Story Répondre en citant

My Cubs: A Love Story
by Scott Simon
rating: 4.3 (10 reviews)

>>>DOWNLOAD BOOK My Cubs: A Love Story
>>>ONLINE BOOK My Cubs: A Love Story

NPR's Scott Simon's personal, heartfelt reflections on his beloved Chicago Cubs, replete with club lore, memorable anecdotes, frenetic fandom and wise and adoring intimacy that have made the world champion Cubbies baseball's most tortured—and now triumphant—franchise.

Heartbreak and hope. Charmed and haunted. My Cubs is Scott Simon’s love letter to his Chicago Cubs, World Series winners for the first time in over a century. Replete with personal reflections, club lore, memorable anecdotes, and tales of frenetic fandom, My Cubs recounts the franchise’s pivotal moments with the wise and adoring intimacy of a long-suffering devotee and Chicago native. Simon illustrates how the condition of “Cubness” has defined the life of so many Chicagoans and how the team’s fortunes became intertwined with the aspirations of its faithful. With the curse finally broken on November 2, 2016, My Cubs is the perfect portrayal of paradise lost and found.

Details:
price: $10.77
bound:
publisher: Blue Rider Press (April 11, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 073521803X, 978-0735218031,
weight: 12.8 ounces (
filesize:

My Cubs: A Love Story Scott Simon
My Cubs: A Love Story book kindle My Cubs: A Love Story offline get purchase mobile online

What true Cubs fan hasn't had the dream where the Cubs win it all, where all the greats from the last 147 years take the field? Tinker to Evers to Chance, to Banks, Williams, Santo, Sandberg, Grace, Rizzo, BryantDetails 24 New & Used from $10.24 Save to Wishlist Want it Today?Check Store Availability 9780735218031 Overview Editorial Reviews Product Details Related Subjects Read an Excerpt Meet the author Overview NPR's Scott Simon's personal, heartfelt reflections on his beloved Chicago Cubs, replete with club lore, memorable anecdotes, frenetic fandom and wise and adoring intimacy that have made the world champion Cubbies baseball's most tortured—and now triumphant—franchise.Heartbreak and hopeBut this time, I don’t snap off a last floater of a pitch—what the Brute, the NSA, the KGB, MI5, and thousands in the stands and sixty million people tuned in at home expectOther Cubs fans will see some of themselves on these pages but this book is not only for Cubs fansThe Cubs couldn’t win a World Series for 108 years.During those decades, scientists split the atom in ChicagoAnd, he tells of going to the White House with the team when President Obama welcomed themI loved the illustrations, too, woodcut-styleStart Reading NOOK NOOK NOOK Tablets NOOK Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A NOOK Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 NOOK Samsung Galaxy Tab E NOOK NOOK eReaders NOOK GlowLight Plus NOOK Mobile Apps See All > NOOK Store Accessories Books Newsstand NOOK Audiobooks Store Kids' Books Compare Our NOOKs Coupons & Deals Clearance Gift Finder For Mom For Readers For Her For Him For Students Brands We Love Kate Spade New York Ban.do Collection Lilly Pulitzer BAGGU Need Help? NOOK Support NOOK Support Forum Blogs B&N Readouts Our New NOOK Tablet Only $49.99 Read forever, for less, with our most affordable tablet everMrMonday , July 3 2017 About Cubs Insider Columnists Evan Altman Jon Ferlise Brendan Miller Corey Freedman Todd Johnson Contact Us Cubs Insider Bringing you serious Chicago Cubs news and culture without taking ourselves too seriously

May 30, 2017 Kasa Cotugno rated it it was amazing review of another edition Shelves: audio, location-usa-chicago, subject-sports-baseball I loved hearing Scott Simon read this in his own voice, hearing his passion for the game and his team coming through.His career has spanned years and continentsMay 13, 2017 Tarita Henry rated it it was amazing By someone who loves the Cubs as much as I do, and the best part is hearing Simon's voice as you read“Step on over and say helloNPR journalist Scott Simon has better Cubs-fan bona-fides than most: Cubs manager Charlie Grimm was Simons uncle, and long-time Cubs announcer Jack Brickhouse was his godfather.Every Cubs fan has the same story of long-suffering loyalty and spookiness about the goat curse, but every fan also has his or her own version of what its been like all these yearsWhile nothing could re-capture the thrill of seeing it live as it happened, it comes closeThe seats at Wrigley roil with 43,000 Cubs fans who take a sudden deep breath at the same time and fall silentThere's nostalgia and humor in all of his stories

Instead, I bring my right arm through with the power of a rocket burstHe’s not Derek, Gehrig, or the Mick, but some malevolent, swearing, gob- spitting, steel-bearded, pinstriped bruteI did not enjoy this bookJournalist Simon (NPR's Weekend Edition), a lifelong, die-hard Cubs fan, has written a personal reflection of his beloved Cubs and the journey to the championship seasonWhatever the case, I think its a little silly to be worrying much about the starters at this pointYeah, we've dreamt itBut the fat of his bat misses by six inches, and I hear—43,000 fans hear—his swing whiff the air like a tree cracking and falling.“Stee-rike!”The Brute steps back to spit and swearI could feel the heartbeat of my next bookIn a way it reminded me of IN GOD WE TRUST, ALL OTHERS PAY CASH (aka A CHRISTMAS STORY), but his musings, memories, and constant changing of lyrics/poetry to things about the Cubs just didn't appeal to me that muchNot to mention that I am a Scott Simon fan from his many years with NPR 48a4f088c3

Sign up Have an account? Log in For detailed information on spyware and virus protection, please visit the Yahoo! Security CenterTwitter will use this to make your timeline better
PAPITABI 4 (Japanese Edition) totsugeki-tai@papyrusTEL AVIV, THE SHOW MUST GO ONCane Corso Coloring BookRomance Of A Great Writer (Pierre Loti Library)Los Enemigos De La Mujer (Spanish Edition)Sew Small―19 Little Bags: Stash Your Coins, Keys, Earbuds, Jewelry & MoreLeash Training Your Dog: 10 Tips to Training Your Dog with a LeashHow to Draw Bird for Kids : Drawing step by step Vol.2: How to draw animals , drawing for beginners kids 30 birds (Volume 2) Rosei S. JameMy Quarter Century of American Politics, Volume 1Without the One There Can Be No Other—The Many Forces of Destiny: A Life Story Based on True Events

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 17:48 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Community Gamers Index du Forum -> Divers -> Graphismes Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
onyx © theme by larme d'ange 2006